Which Is the Best Free DVD Ripper for Mac to rip DVD movies free -Media EntertainmentIn this free DVD rippers review, top thress free DVD rippers are listed and compared from their ability of removing DVD copy protections, converting DVD to videos and DVD ripping limitations.
Usually, I see a lot of discussions about looking for a free DVD ripper in forums or various questions on best free DVD ripping software in Yahoo! Answers:
“I’m looking for a good DVD Ripper (freeware) so i can convert video files to my MP4, can anyone recommend?”
“Can anybody aware me of a free DVD ripper (not an imaging program) that I will not have to pay for, can download and isnt full of viruses?”
“Anyone know of any good free dvd ripping software that doesn’t leave a watermark? I’m trying to put my dvds on my computer so I can watch them whenever I want and not have to carry them all around.”
“What’s a user friendly free DVD to iPad converter? Im trying t transfer DVDs to my iPad Air but I haven’t been able to find any easy converters that are free.”
“Is there a completely free dvd to Apple TV converter?”
“I only wanna get a FREE dvd to iphone 5S converter for mac? Be quick!?”
Are you still seeking for free DVD ripper for Mac to backup and rip your DVD collections to the format you needed, so that you can store your DVD in safe from any damage or enjoy DVD movies on your portable devices on the go. Actually, there are lots of good free DVD rippers available. Here we listed three of the most popular top 3 free Mac DVD ripper software for you to choose the one which is the most suitable for you. Just hold on reading.
This free DVD Ripper for Mac offers you a fun, easy and fabulous way to rip DVDs, according to Pavtube, the giveaway version has all the features of regular DVD Ripper except it cannot output as MP4 nor does it have specific output profiles for electronic devices. Also be sure to check our Active Sales list for more free and cheap software!
- Rip DVDs to MOV, MKV, AVI, MPG, VOB, WMV, FLV, etc with fast speed.
- Helps edit DVD and add SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles to DVD movies.
Pros: Easy to use; Editing features; Support dealing latest DVD disc
Cons: Can’t convert video to mp4 format
OS: Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1
- Best DVD ripping software on the market
- Rip and convert DVD movies to MP4/AVI/MKV/WMV,etc with high quality.
- Makes 1:1 copy of original DVD Disc without quality loss with all audio streams, subtitle tracks, extras, etc.
- With CUDA/AMD GPU acceleration, and you will take short time of converting and get hours of enjoyments.
- It’s simple to use and well worth the investment.
- Support latest DVD
- features with adding *.srt and *.ass subtitle
The steps refer to: Rip DVD movies to Android Phone/Tablet
Want to rip your Blu-ray/DVD movies to 3D videos for playback? Want to convert or backup your Blu-ray movies and DVDs with keeping original multiple audio tracks and subtitle , trying Pavtube Bytecopy (Win/Mac). (Learn why choose it)
Handbrake is an open source DVD ripper which can only convert DVDs to MP4 and MKV, with support for iPhone, iPods, PSPs, Apple TVs, PS3s, PS4. But it only can rip standard DVDs that can be played by your DVD player if without the help of third party software, VLC media player, not the mention the Disney new copy protections. In addition it is not stable, sometimes even crash. And if you would like to upload a commercial or home-made DVD movie to youtube.com video sharing website or to your web page or blog, HandBrake can’t help at all. Pavtube Free DVDAid for Mac would be the HandBrake alternative to solve this problem.
- Top Handbrake alternative for 7.1 TrueHD passthrough
- Rip DVD with HandBrake Alternative for Windows 10
- Handbrake Alternative: Encode 3D Blu-ray to Lakento MVR
1. Handbrake provides handy presets for Apple devices, etc, making it pretty easier.
2. Compared with Mac The Ripper, Handbrake rips DVD to MP4 and MKV formats while MacTheRipper only helps to save DVD in VIDEO_TS folder.
3. It is no exaggeration to say that Handbrake sets the standard for easy DVD ripping.
1. When it comes to your DVD protected by CSS , Sony ARccOS, Region protection, UOP, APS, etc, Handbrake will not live up to your hope. As a result, you have to handle it with the assistant of VLC to decrypt DVD before ripping it.
2. The open-source DVD ripper for Mac does not keep abreast with the latest Mac OS X Mavericks. So for those tech geeks, it’s advisable to go in for a DVD ripper for Mac that is constantly refreshed to support the newest changes, be it your Mac OS or your mobile devices.
3. Handbrake has a lot to do in terms of output format. This Mac DVD ripper freeware only achieves to encode DVD to MKV and MP4 format. The need to rip DVD to MOV, FLV, AVI, etc or put DVD on Samsung, HTC or other tablets or phones seems to be never realized with Handbrake.
MacTheRipper can break copy protection and rip DVD content, but it doesn’t encode its rips to other formats. It just rips the DVD menu and all to your hard drive in VOB file. It also needs a third party software to convert VOB to other formats. So if you would like to rip DVD directly to the format you desire, you’d better to take a look at Pavtube Free DVD Ripper for Mac.
1. Mac The Ripper is good at disabling CSS encryption and Macrovision protection, removing region code by setting the disc’s region to ‘0’ for region-free and get rid of RCE region checking. Better still, it allows you to copy DVD on Mac in VIDEO_TS folder, regardless of ARccOS copy protection.
2. This free Mac DVD Ripper comes with a very clear manual and an intuitive interface, which can be more acceptable by those non-professionals as MacTheRipper makes it a snap to backup DVD to your Mac’s hard drive.
3. MacTheRipper endeavors to rip the main feature of a 100-minDVD movie in 22 minutes and 52 seconds, which is really a shorter period of time compared with other similar DVD ripper for Mac.
1. MTR 2.6.6, though easy and free to obtain, does not work on any version of OS X past Snow Leopard. So if you’ve upgraded your Mac OS to Lion, Mountain Lion or even Mavericks, seeking for a MacTheRipper alternative to do your DVD ripping is of top priority.
2. Seeking for the latest version of MTR is not suggested in consideration of its information obfuscation and back-alley character, which will only frustrate, confuse, and anger you.
3. Mac The Ripper only helps to make a playable copy of DVD on your hard drive in VIDEO_TS folder, which is not supported by many other portable devices. So if you want to make your DVD watchable on your iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac The Ripper is not the way to go.
How to Rip DVD Free on Mac OS with Pavtube Free DVDAid for Mac
Click “Download” button to directly use the Pavtube Free DVD Ripper on your Mac and learn how to copy/convert DVD to AVI with Free DVDAid for Mac.
Step 1. Import DVD source.
Insert one of DVD discs you need to convert and then double click the icon on the desktop to launch the software. Click “Import DVD” icon and select the DVD disc in the drop-down list. It is obvious that the software has already recognized the inserted DVD automatically for you, so you do not need to find the desired DVD manually. Meanwhile, you can choose to “Load IFO/ISO” or “Load from folder”.
Tips: After having load DVD successfully, the actual Main Title will be ticked automatically by the software. And only by clicking the selected Main Title, you are able to select Subtitles tracks and Audio tracks on the interface and preview the whole movie in the preview window on the right.
Step 2. Choose an output format and make settings.
Go to Format menu and choose a suitable format you want in the drop-down format list.
Click “Format” menu to choose “AVI HD Video(*.avi)” under “HD Video” option which is perfect for storing on hard drive and playing.
Click “Settings” button on the interface you will do to video and audio parameters of output profiles. Here, you will see detailed parameters, estimated target files size and free disk space. If you want a smaller size when the free disk apace is not enough, you can choose to adjust Bitrates (kbps) and Size (pix). Choosing a little lower Bitrates and Size will help you to get a smaller target file.
Now, you can free convert DVD to AVI format by clicking the “Convert” button. During the conversion starts, you will get the following window about the conversion. You can see the Time elapsed and Time left and it will keep you informed of timely state of conversion. A definite number will give you a clear progress of conversion.
The conversion time depends on the size of your output videos. Once completed, you can click “Open output folder” to locate the generated files. If you have closed the conversion window after conversion, don’t worry, “Open” button on the interface can also bring you to the output files, very convenient!
More features about Free DVDAid for Mac:
1. Click “Edit” icon on the interface, you will be able to see every individual frame there, rotate and flip it. And what’s more, you can cut off the undesired part, crop output size, edit output audio, and add subtitles, etc. Go to try it if you need.
2. Click “Option” icon on the interface and then go to Acceleration option, you can choose to check Enable GPU acceleration, which will help to speed up conversion. Here you can check your graphic card is supported or not.
With great decrypting capability, high quality video output and popular video format for outputing, Pavtube Free DVDAid for Mac ranks top on the list of free DVD ripping application. It will bring you great experience of converting DVD and you cannot suffer any video and audio out of sync issue.
These Top 3 DVD Ripper Software for Mac that you can use for FREE which will have the basic functionalities that are enough to help with your basic ripping requirements. By using these tools, it would be more convenient for you to play the ripped DVDs on your iphone, ipod, apple TV, MP3 and other medias. Anyhow, hope this top 3 free DVD Ripper Reviews can help you fast choose an easy-to-use and yet professional DVD ripping tool.
- The ways to import Iphone 7 video to premiere pro
- The top Blu-ray Ripper for Mac
- The Ripping DVD and ISO to HD video
- Convert 4K H.265 to Premiere Pro CC
- How to Convert MKV DTS to AC3 on Mac
- Play 3D movies on Gear VR
- Convert DTS to AC3 5.1
- Play H.265 on 4K TV
- Editting MXF in Virtualdub
- Get the best MPEG Streamclip Alternative on Windows 10
- Watching movies on pandigital novel
- Watch Video on Samsung UHD TV